Second Chances - Jekyll and Hyde

Second Chances


Well these quotes say a lot, mean a lot and teach a lot...right? 

I have always been one strong individual, mentally I mean...
Through all the battles I have faced, I have won and come out stronger than I went in. 

But lately...I feel weak. 

I used to have zero tolerance for being treated poorly by anyone, and I mean anyone...
Until I fell in love. 

The chances I gave proved pointless and painful. Yet the lesson was still never taught. Maybe because there was always hope? Always something going through my mind attempting to excuse their words, actions, behaviour? 

A 'Jekyll and Hyde' kind of character is the easiest and hardest to love. 

They make you want to take a bullet for them one minute...and make you want to be the one shooting them the next.
They help ease anxiety...but are the very reason your anxious...
They make you love them and hate them all at once.
They make you smile...then cry in the same day. 
Fill your heart, then break it. Then fill you with apologies and promises, to do it all over again and again and again...you get the picture?

Well when does it end? When is enough...enough?? I always thought when I looked at others growing up, that if you questioned someones honesty, loyalty and feelings more often than that person made you happy...then its a lost cause dear and precious time shouldn't be wasted. Then I was thrown into that very position, a position I still face. I wonder "what am I thinking?" "Whats wrong with me?"... So my question to you...is when does it end? Does Jekyll ever overcome Hyde? Does giving chances make a difference? Or just prolong the inevitable?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety - The Good and the Bad

The Story That Is

Wise Words