Art Therapy




Art Therapy


One of my many coping strategies/distraction techniques is art therapy. With 10 years of Photography experience behind me; including a BA Honours degree, participating in photo-shoots and projects can equal a great level of satisfaction. However conjuring up the energy and motivation for that is proving difficult lately to say the least, and I don't perform as many shoots as I used to. 
So recently I have been colouring in (like the cool kid I am), using adult colouring books and printable colouring pages, I sit and escape for a little while. And when I finish its a nice accomplished feeling. 
If I am out and about, there are some pretty cool apps I have downloaded on my Iphone, for colouring and cross-stitch. They are good for those moments of free time when I am not in the comfort of my own home. To others it just looks like I am playing on my phone in my own little bubble.

Other good methods of art therapy; when you lack energy for more motivational art forms are scraper-foil art and paint by numbers. I like to dabble in these too. 
Art therapy is a good method of coping for me, its a nice but small distraction and way of relaxing. Also...I can't draw so...colouring pages and paint by numbers are the way to go ha!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety - The Good and the Bad

Wise Words

The Story That Is